Application requirements include:
- Website (if available)
- Three (3) images of previous work
- Two professional references (2)
- Social media links
- A brief written description (150-word maximum) on what inspires you about Huntsville’s creative, innovative community.
- A brief written description of your schedule availability to complete this project in April/May 2018 for a May 23, 2018 completion.
Arts Huntsville will work with project partners to select 2 to 4 finalists to submit a sketch proposal for the final mural location. Finalists will receive additional information on project goals, site location and mural size from project partners at that time. Proposal sketch deadline is currently scheduled for May 3, 2018.
Finalists will receive a proposal commission of $150.00 for submission of their completed sketch.
The following criteria will be used during the selection process:
- Demonstration of artistic excellence by maintaining high quality, innovation, creativity and clarity of vision in the project proposal and sketch.
- Enthusiasm for Huntsville, ability to engage with the public and embody the community’s creative and innovative spirit.
- A positive track record of delivering quality projects on schedule and on budget, as determined by past work and references from previous clients.
Planned Project Milestones
April 13, 2018: Online application deadline
April 24, 2018: Finalists selected
May 3, 2018: Proposal sketch deadline
May 11, 2018: Artist award announced
May 12 – 23, 2018: Mural completion
May 24 – 31, 2018: Project launch / media events
Please direct all questions to Alex Abel-Boozer, Gallery Coordinator, at Arts Huntsville. Phone 256-519-2787; email [email protected].