The Public Art Committee is a citizen-based committee that advises Arts Huntsville and the City of Huntsville on matters related to the Public Art Program. Currently serving:
The Public Art Committee is nominated by the Board of Directors of Arts Huntsville and approved by the City. Members of the Public Art Committee serve in three-year terms and can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. In addition, the City’s Director of Planning, the City’s Manager of Long Range Planning and the Executive Director of Arts Huntsville serve as ex-officio, non-voting members.
The Public Art Committee annually selects one member to serve as Chair. The committee is managed and staffed by Arts Huntsville. The composition of the committee includes a mix of visual arts professionals, artists, and Huntsville residents who are involved in issues regarding the City’s natural and built environment.
- Advises Arts Huntsville staff on the Annual Public Art Work Plan and Annual Report and recommend to City Council for approval.
- Approves Individual Public Art Projects Plans. • Reviews and approves recommendations made by Art Selection Panels.
- Advises the City Council on the acceptance of gifts and loans.
- Advises the City Council on the de-accession of work.
- Advises the City on the review of developer projects for City-assisted private development projects.
- Advises the City on public art policies and guidelines.