Homegrown Talent Competition
HOMEGROWN TALENT COMPETITION -
2014 Dates TBA
Here in the South we pride ourselves on being the best at everything we try; food, football, hospitality...and putting on a great show! Each year the Homegrown Talent Contest finds the best of the best in local talent, puts it onstage at Panoply, and awards over $2,000 in cash!
The preliminaries were held April 13th and 14th at Bridge Street Town Centre. Local music, theatre, and dance professionals served as the judges. Finalists were chosen from each preliminary round to compete on the Showcase Stage on Sunday at the festival.
Judging criteria includes stage presence, crowd response, time allotment, creativity and quality of performance. Participants must come prepared to perform their song, dance, comedy routine or skit for at least 90 seconds. All material must be G-rated and family friendly.
Winners who reach the Final Round will compete in the following categories:
Junior Category (10-14 years of age)
Young Adult Category (15-20 years of age)
Adult Category (21+)
Group Category (All Ages)
Registration takes places on-site the day of the preliminaries. There is a $10 per entrant fee to participate.
Due to severe weather over the festival weekend, the final round was postponed. It took place Thursday, June 27 during Art2, The Arts Council's downtown summer programming.
The 2013 Panoply Homegrown Talent Contest has concluded and the winners were:
First Place - Callie Waller
Second Place - Ethan Thomas
Third Place - Savannah Bennett
YOUNG ADULT CATEGORY
First Place - Logan Bowden
Second Place - Hayden Kunselman
Third Place - Hugh Lindsey
First Place - Derrell Underwood
Second Place - Laura Kee
Third Place - Gaylon Dodson
First Place - Brian and Terrena Mann
Second Place - August and Dave
Homegrown Talent Contest Guidelines:
Judging Criteria includes (but is not limited to) stage presence, crowd response, time allotment, creativity, and quality of performance. All genres of the performing arts welcome under the following criteria:
• All performers must have at least a 90-second prepared piece.
• Performers must be 10 years of age by the audition date.
• Singing performers must use their own voice – no “lip-synching” allowed.
• Performer will be responsible for costume/clothing/makeup and music or musical assistance.
• Instrumental accompaniment is the responsibility of the performer. If you would like to audition to play the piano in our contest, please contact us at The Arts Council.
• Past winners of Homegrown Talent may not submit again in the same category.
• Past winners of Homegrown Talent, if submitting in another category, may not perform the same song or routine they won with.
• A full sound system will be provided.
• All material must be considered G-rated and family friendly. The use of profanity and/or vulgar language, movements, or gestures is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
• Proselytizing or solicitation in any matter is prohibited.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time.
• The performance in the Finals Round must be the same as the performance at the Preliminary Rounds.
- Create Huntsville
- Public Art
- Concerts in the Park
- Arts & Entertainment District
- Panoply Arts Festival
- Arts Education
- Arts Assembly & Member Benefits
- Fall For the Arts