Concerts in the Park
The Arts Council and the City of Huntsville Department of Parks & Recreation present Concerts in the Park, a 10-week FREE concert series in Big Spring Park. Featuring 19 bands, the series celebrates the very best in Huntsville music. There’s something for everyone, too, as genres span the decades and offer a glimpse into the variety of the local performing arts scene. And it’s family-friendly!
The series is free to the public. Held on the rear patio of the Huntsville Museum of Art, facing the lagoon in Big Spring Park in downtown Huntsville, the atmosphere just can’t be beat. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own seating and dancing shoes. Leashed pets are also welcome.
Picnics have always been encouraged at the Concerts in the Park but in 2014, for the first time The Arts Council and the City of Huntsville hosted local food trucks. Each week, the vendors were onsite with a variety of items available for purchase.
The 2014 Concert series began Monday, June 2 and ran through August 4. Each Concert started at 6:30 p.m.
The 2014 lineup included
- Big Daddy Kingfish—classic rock with all your favorite hits
- JUICE—Huntsville’s favorite party band
- Cristina Lynn—a North Alabama singer and songwriter
- Mike Ball and Lickskillet—pickin’ and grinnin’
- Reginald Jackson and Friends—smooth jazz
- Winslow Davis Ensemble—jazz fusion violin
- Bourbon & Shamrocks—Irish folk songs and general mayhem
- Black Market Haggis—traditional Irish and Celtic music
- Mambo Gris Gris—Huntsville’s favorite Latin band
- The Dawn Osborne Band – Soulful Jazzy Americana
- Huntsville Concert Band—marches, movie tunes and more
- Rocket City Brass—cool jazz, beautiful blues and classic rock
- JED Eye—covering everything from Pearl Jam to ZZ Top to Three Doors Down
- Radio X–classic rock and pop, blended with a light mix of country and blues
- Unknown Lyric—an acoustical classical soul duo
- .45 Surprise—a blend of bluegrass and outlaw country that we like to call “powergrass”
- DiscOasis– plays all your favorite Disco/Funk hits of the 70’s wiith a full horn section
- Groove– a wide variety of dance-pop & r&b/funk cover standards.
- AMC Band—salute our troops with the US Army Materiel Command Band