After many inquiries from both artists and attendees to host another Holiday Event similar to the highly successful Holiday ArtMarketplace in 2020, Arts Huntsville and the Orion Amphitheatre have teamed up to bring a unique shopping experience featuring over 50 Art Vendors to the Huntsville Area. The tradition of Christmas markets stretches back to Saxony, Germany, during the Middle Ages. Throughout the centuries, the joys of these markets have spread from town to town and around the world – and this December, it will make its way to Huntsville, Alabama.
Christkindlmarket Huntsville will unite cherished German and European tradition with international flair and local charm, featuring a delightful blend of holiday food, drinks, and shopping. Inspired by the 16th-century Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg, Germany, one of the first outdoor markets of its kind, the Christkindlmarkt is well-known for its vendors’ high-quality gifts and food and holiday cheer. We hope to create an annual event that will be the ideal place for families to make unique memories every December.
Stay tuned for more information on this new experience.
Christkindlmarket is a Juried Art Show – Vendor Applications for visual artists are currently closed. (Deadline to apply was Sept. 20th 2022)
What Does it Mean to be a Juried Art Festival?
· Artists apply by submitting digital images of their artwork and booth display.
· A three-member panel of art professionals to review and score all entries. Arts Huntsville staff members are not involved in the selection process — it is done exclusively by art professionals.
· The artists whose entries score highest in each category are invited to exhibit
· Artists are selected based upon quality of workmanship, originality and artistic conception, with a goal of creating a balanced and diverse show.
· Juried art festivals work hard to maintain the quality and professional integrity of each event. Exhibitors considered as “importers” and “production houses” are not allowed to exhibit